Still single. A branch on its own, with no union at the moment.
Not in the foreseeable future, as we are still going strong.
We have activities throughout the year, usually at members' homes. We try to shift them around Southland so that everyone has a chance to come to at least one activity a year.
Our aim is to knit our members together by exchanging ideas and helping each other through relaxing and interesting time out.
Our activities have included:
- selecting ewes to go to the ram
- wool classing lessons
- visiting a woollen mill at Milton
- teaching members how to spin and weave wool
- bus trips around the province viewing other people's flocks
- potluck midwinter meal, with a speaker to follow (not necessarily related to black and coloured sheep)
- visiting museums and gardens
Over the years of the national Association the Southland branch has provided people for some of the top jobs.
If you want more information on what the branch is up to at any time, please contact either our Branch president or our secretary. They will be more than willing to help you:
Waimea, no. 6 RD, Gore
03 202 5282
229 Egerton Road, RD 1, Winton
03 236 0787